The Goal: Customer needed us to assemble a conveyor system that navigated the warehouse without hindering their need to drive fork trucks through the entirety of the facility, while streamlining product flow through manned sortation solution. Also, need to allow pick line workers to move past straight line conveyor without crawling over or under each line.
The Solution: We planned and installed a system with several dimensions, starting with three lanes of live roller into three inclines, three lanes of overhead live roller conveyor that end at a Mezzanine ball transfer station. Then from the mezzanine ball transfer station the finished product is transferred to either three different drive shaft overhead conveyors that end with a decline. At the bottom of each decline is a section of flex conveyor that moved the product close to each bay door to be loaded into trucks for shipping. To solve the problem of workers needing to pass each straight conveyor running on the floor, we installed gate sections in each line of floor level live roller conveyor.
- This project came about when the customer needed to expand their operation to a larger warehouse
- All parts, conveyors, and equipment were shipped directly to the new warehouse. Our team unloaded all the conveyor from the trucks and began organizing the conveyors/parts/equipment
- Multiple reconfigurations to the conveyor were made during the install per the customer’s request to meet their needs
- The physical conveyors were installed first, then the air lines and air equipment. Regular tests were performed to ensure proper functioning of the system during the duration of the install
- Customer was satisfied with the completion of the project and later had us perform a subsequent medium scale install at the other end of the same warehouse. We continue to serve this customer’s needs to this day
Conveyor System included these aspects: Live Roller, incline belt conveyors, 90 degree overhead curves, Overhead Live Roller, Mezzanine, Transfer Station, Air Line Supply Station, Ball Transfer Station on the Mezzanine, drive band conveyor, decline belt conveyors, and flex conveyors